Beef, Grill Tips, Pizza, Que&A, shrimp
Top 3 Recipes to Try on Your Ora Pizza Oven
Ready to turn your backyard into the hottest pizzeria in town? With the Nexgrill Ora 12 Propane Gas Pizza Oven, you can do just that and more! This portable powerhouse isn't just for pizzas. It's your ticket to a world of culinary adventures, all in your own backyard.
So, What’s Cooking?
Sure, the Ora 12 can whip up a mean pizza, but why stop there? We're about to show you how to create three of our favorite dishes in your Ora:
- Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
- Steakhouse NY Strip
- Garlic Butter Shrimp
Hungry yet? Let's dig in!
Philly Cheesesteak Pizza Recipe
Who doesn't love a good cheesesteak? This Philly classic has won hearts across the globe, and now we're giving it a Nexgrill twist. We're swapping out the sub roll for a pizza crust, and trust us, it's a game-changer!
To make this decadent white pizza, you’ll need a batch of NY-style pizza dough, prepared (this homemade recipe works great, but you can also buy pre-made dough from most grocery stores). You’ll be able to make three 12” pizzas.
Here's everything else you'll need:
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/4 cups of milk
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 large steak, cooked medium-rare and thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese to top your pizza
- Parsley to taste
First, you’ll make the white sauce:
- Add the oil to a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and oregano; cook for 2 minutes, until fragrant. Mix in flour and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Turn the heat to low and add the milk. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes or until it thickens; adding more milk to thin if needed.
- Mix in salt, pepper, and parmesan.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and set it aside.
To make the pizza:
- Preheat your Ora to its max temp of 900°F.
- Stretch out the dough, then top it with the white sauce, provolone and mozzarella cheese, before adding the steak and peppers.
- Slide it in the oven for 4-5 minutes or until it's golden-brown and beautiful.
- Once it’s out, top with parsley and serve it hot!
Steakhouse NY Strip Recipe
Now let's talk steak! Some like it rare, others prefer it well-done. Some savor it with just a sprinkle of salt and pepper, while others love to slather it in sauces. But no matter how you like your steak, we can all agree on one thing: a perfectly cooked steak is a thing of beauty. So, how about we take a page from the steakhouse playbook and fire up a NY strip that's so good, it'll have you drooling before it's even off the grill? Let's get grilling!
- Two 1 1/2-inch-thick New York strip steaks
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Kosher salt and coarsely ground black pepper
Let’s get those steaks sizzling:
- Fire up your Nexgrill Ora 12 pizza oven and let it heat up for about 15 minutes. We're aiming for a high heat here, so patience is key.
- While the oven is heating, take your steaks and give them a good rub down with salt and pepper. Remember, a good steak doesn't need much dressing up.
- Next, place a medium skillet in the oven for about 5 minutes to get it nice and hot. Then, carefully place your steaks in the skillet.
- Now, let the Ora 12 work its magic. Cook your steaks until they develop a deliciously dark brown crust, about 2-5 minutes on each side.
- Once your steaks are beautifully seared, move them onto a cutting board and slice them into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Once sliced evenly, place the steak slices back in the skillet and introduce a generous amount of butter to the skillet.
- Cook for a few more minutes, basting the steak slices with the melted butter occasionally. If you're aiming for a medium-rare finish, this should take about 2 minutes, but remember, cooking times can vary depending on your oven’s temperature.
- Once basted to buttery perfection, carefully remove the skillet, plate your steaks, and enjoy the feast!
Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe
Ready to dive into some seafood? Cooking shrimp in your Ora 12 pizza oven is a surefire way to impress your guests. With just a handful of simple ingredients and your trusty pizza oven, you'll be serving up juicy, flavorful shrimp in no time at all. Whether you're adding them to a fresh salad, pairing them with some fluffy rice, or enjoying them straight from the skillet, these little flavor powerhouses are a hit every time!
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- A pinch of pepper
- 1-2 cloves of pressed or chopped garlic
- You can also use your favorite seafood seasoning mix, like Old Bay, to complement the flavors
Let’s get cooking!
- First, preheat your pizza oven to a toasty 400°F.
- While the oven is heating, peel and devein the shrimp if you bought them whole, or thaw them if they were frozen.
- Next, toss the shrimp in a bowl with oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and/or your favorite seasoning mix.
- Cover the bowl and let it chill in the fridge for about 15 minutes. If you're planning to leave them longer than 4-6 hours, hold off on the salt.
- Now, grab a cast iron skillet, add a drizzle of oil, and place the shrimp in your preheated Ora pizza oven.
- Cook the shrimp for a minute or two, then flip them with tongs and cook for another minute or two until they're beautifully translucent.
So, Nexgrillers, which of these tasty pizza oven recipes will you try first? Don't forget to share your culinary creations with us on social @Nexgrill.
And there's plenty more where these came from! For more recipes, grill tips, techniques, and Que & A videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel, or continue exploring on Nexgrill.com.
Ready to bring the versatility and flavor of our Ora Pizza Ovens to your backyard? Shop our pizza oven range here.
Let’s be friends!
If you don’t already, follow us on social media and fill us in on all your grilling adventures using #EveryonesInvited. We promise to keep you up to date with all our latest grill tips, stories, recipes, and more—everything you need to stay satisfied between cookouts.